As we all know, 2020 was a year like no other. We’ve celebrated birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays in new and unique ways, and it looks as though 2021 is going to be fairly similar. Even though we’re still spending more time physically apart than ever before, we’re still able to show our moms how much we care about them this Mother’s Day. Whether you’re celebrating in person, next door, or across the country, here are our best Mother’s Day gift ideas for 2021 from everyone in her family.
Mother’s Day Gifts from Children
When children are in childcare, creating experiences that build their skills and resources is critical. Arts and crafts are a fantastic way to practice recognizing colors and shapes, experiencing different textures, and working on hand-eye coordination. Finding ways that your little one can practice these skills at home is key, and Mother’s Day is a wonderful opportunity to get your child involved in creating a handmade gift for the special mom in their life.
- Handprint flower craft for toddlers
- Easy salt dough handprint
- Children’s tissue paper picture frame
Handprint Flower Craft for Toddlers
Instead of buying mom flowers this year, let your little ones make their own! Easy Peasy and Fun has a fantastic craft that brings together essential children’s sensory skills with a fun craft that mom is sure to love. You can create these Mother’s Day handprint art flowers regardless of the number of siblings in your family, which is another reason we think it’s such a great choice.
Easy Salt Dough Handprint
Salt dough is another excellent way to create a unique keepsake for your mom this Mother’s Day. Salt dough is simple to make, safe for children of all ages, and the recipe uses ingredients most people already have in their kitchen. Yummy Toddler Food shares how to make a handprint ornament with your child using salt dough and washable craft paint. We love this gift because it’s a beautiful keepsake that you can display during the holidays or year-round.
Children’s Tissue Paper Picture Frame
Let your little one pick out their favorite picture with their mom for Mother’s Day and use it to create a unique picture frame. You can purchase a wooden picture frame from your local craft store and use any tissue paper you have around the house to create an adorable Mother’s Day craft. Have your child tear up pieces of tissue paper and then, depending on their age, help them glue the pieces to the wooden frame. They can sign their name or add any other decorations they want!
Mother’s Day Gifts from Adults
As an adult, Mother’s Day can be more meaningful, especially if you now have children of your own. Celebrating the mother in your life — whether it’s your mother, mother-in-law, wife, grandmother, or another important person — can be done in dozens of ways. Here are a few of our favorite fun and meaningful gifts that you can give this year to show the mother in your life how much you care.
- Motherhood coffee mug
- Self-care package
- Comfortable ladies’ leggings
Motherhood Coffee Mug
If the mom in your life is a fan of tea or coffee, we love this Motherhood Mug from Loftipop! The design is fun and punny, with a tagline that we can relate to. The company uses lead-free and eco-friendly inks to print their mugs, which are also dishwasher and microwave safe.
Mother’s Day Self Care Package
Another great way to celebrate Mother’s Day, especially with so many of us celebrating virtually this year, is by sending your mom a care package. There are several ways to create a care package for your mother this year, including purchasing a pre-made care package through websites such as Etsy or assembling one yourself.
We’re personal fans of the do-it-yourself option because it allows you to create a custom box filled with items that are meaningful to the relationship you have with your mother. Here are a few of our favorite small businesses to shop from to create something special this Mother’s Day:
- The Tea Experience features loose leaf tea, pots, infusers, other accessories, and specially curated tea boxes and subscription boxes.
- Bath Savvy offers goodies for healthy skin, including bath bombs, homemade soaps, sugar scrubs, and more.
- Treat your mom to “an amazing taste of sweet and heat” with delicious products from R and D Foods. This small business carries hot pepper jelly and hot sauce that will light your mom’s taste buds on fire with flavor.
Comfortable Ladies’ Leggings
One thing that should never be underestimated is the importance of comfortable clothing. We are head over heels in love with this pair of black women’s leggings from The Jersey Shop’s brand Gen Woo. The leggings are a blend of 94% cotton viscose and 6% elastane for an incredibly soft feel that your mom will love. We admire The Jersey Shop not only for its beautiful styles but also for its dedication to sustainable manufacturing practices!
Unconventional and Unique Mother’s Day Presents
No matter what, it’s important to remember that the perfect gift is one that comes from the heart. You don’t have to spend a ton of money or put together an extravagant event to show your mom that you care. Here are some great unique, no-cost ways to celebrate Mother’s Day:
- Get together with your family to create a video about the ways your mom makes your life special. You can talk about her cooking, games you used to play, or essential life lessons that you’ve learned from her.
- Write her a heartfelt note thanking her for everything she has done for you. It doesn’t have to be a fancy card. Your love and appreciation will be something that your mother can cherish forever!
- Help out with errands or things that she needs done around the house. Whether it’s laundry, the dishes, mowing the grass or washing her car, take a few hours one weekend to help your mom out with things that she doesn’t enjoy doing so she can relax instead.