It seems like Winter 2018 could win awards for the longest winter ever, doesn’t it? Although temperatures are finally on the rise, we will probably see some rain and cooler days that leave you yearning for better child and toddler care options. This list of indoor things to do in Clarkston and Waterford can be your starter kit for indoor daycare when the weather isn’t cooperating. Here are a few of our favorite places to go.
- Rolladium Family Fun Center: A family-owned community staple in Waterford since the 1950s, the Rolladium Center boasts a long history of keeping kids and adults entertained. Just like the name implies, many families go to roller skate, but the 2016 renovation added more activities like a ropes course and arcade so anyone from toddlers to grandparents can enjoy. There is also a snack bar to satisfy hungry bellies after playing and working up an appetite!
- Fort Clarkston: Ideal for toddler care, this enormous family entertainment center offers the enclosed “Cub Cove,” which is a smaller version of the huge three-story play structure. Your kid will love sliding, playing with a host of age-appropriate toys, and seeing some of their favorite characters (Mickey Mouse, Spiderman, and more!). There’s even an arcade and a climbing wall, so kids of all ages can stay busy and have fun. Adults can enjoy the full-service restaurant, drink menu, and maybe even the massage chair.
- LEGOLand: LEGOLand combines learning, building, discovering new skills, and having fun, making it an ideal destination for a day of family fun. With two rides, 10 LEGO build & play zones, a 4D cinema, and more, kids stay busy here for several hours. Wondering if its toddler-friendly? Every Monday-Thursday from 10a-3p, children ages five and under receive a special discount to explore and play during Toddler Time.
- SEA Life: Exploring the aquarium is always a winning family activity, perfect for days when you can’t make it outside. Kids love the interactive touch pool where they can touch starfish, lobsters, urchins, and more. The huge underwater ocean tunnel offers a chance to view thousands of fish, turtles, and sharks glide beautifully through the water. You can also buy a combo discount ticket to LEGOLand for a full day of fun.
- Elite Sportsplex: This massive 120,000 sq foot facility in Waterford offers volleyball, basketball, baseball, soccer, lacrosse, and more! With daily open gym times and athletic programs for children from 18 months old, it’s a great place to burn off energy and practice sports skills at the same time.
We hope this starter list gives you ideas for your next indoor outing! If you have further child or toddler care needs, check out more information about our daycare center here at Breakie Brunch.